Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Post 11 - Birthday Details!

This is mainly going to be a photo post with pictures of the "special touches" I worked on for bug's birthday party. Enjoy!


As seen in the banner post, this is my centerpiece for the party. Birthday banner and balloons set the stage for the food/dessert table. My husband didn't take any closer-up photos of my treats, but you can kind of see the five glasses across the front of the table. The two on the ends contain my super chocolate-y cake pops (a bunch of simple round ones in coordinating colors to match the party decorations with one owl in the middle) and the other three are the molded owl chocolate lollipops.


My cousin's son asking for someone to please open a cake pop for him! Pops were dipped in light green, orange, pink, and yellow white chocolate or dark chocolate and tied with dark brown ribbon.

Bug's "Guess Whoo's Two!" shirt.
Shirt from Hobby Lobby for less than $3 ( on sale from regular price $2.99), iron-on letters from AC Moore with a 40% off coupon for about $3, and owl iron-on from Michael's for $2.


Bug enjoying a molded chocolate owl pop!

Owl birthday cake made by me!
The owl was crafted using Wilton's mini stand up teddy bear cake pan. I carved out the cake to make the shape I wanted and then decorated it to make it look like an owl. The owl is the same chocolate cake used to make the cake pops (only 1 cup of batter is needed to fill the pan, the rest I baked and crumbed for the pops). The layer cake is a vanilla white cake. All of the frosting is an an adaptation of my mom's decorating icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment