Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, July 15, 2011

Bug Party: Favors!

It's time to put the bug party to rest so I can move on to new events I'm working on! My next big projects were the caterpillar favors for the kids and the jelly bean favor pods for the adults.

Caterpillars
Once again, I found this craft just searching the internet for "bug themed" party ideas. To make them, I used:
  • leftover lime colored fleece fabric ($0)
  • leftover quilt batting ($0)
  • lime green thread ($2)
  • Small pieces of ribbon leftover from the topiary (less than $2)
  • Blue or pink felt for the eyes (about $1)
  • crinkly wrappers/bags from sun chips and granola bars
Follow the tutorial I used here. Below are my cutie bugs!




Favor Pods
I really wasn't looking for this project at all, but when I stumbled upon it while admiring some of the blogger's other projects, I HAD to make them. Here are the supplies I used:
  • More of my inspiration paper cut into 3x6 pieces (hard to define $)
  • lime green thread from the caterpillar project ($2)
  • Jelly Belly jelly beans in colors coordinating to the party ($15-20)
I followed the directions found on this tutorial here. I didn't jazz up the edges of my pods though. Also, I tried parchment paper and found it crinkled up too much and preferred the sturdiness of the scrapbook paper.

Here are my pods on display at the party:

No comments:

Post a Comment