Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, July 30, 2012

My Pinterest Love Affair

I admit it, I'm in love with Pinterest. I adore having a more organized way to save crafts and party inspirations - it is SO much easier to follow a link represented by a photo to retrieve an idea than looking through a list of obscure text links. Most of all, the OCD organization freak in me (she has REALLY surfaced since I finished residency and have more time to breathe) has been making the most of Pinterest to help with my recipe filing and weekly meal planning. I shuffle recipes between boards titled "Recipes to Try", "Favorite Recipes", and "This Week" to make the most of my tech savvy recipe box.

Any recipe I come across and want to try out gets dumped onto the "try it" board. After I've made the dish once I decide if it's a keeper (or not!) and either shuffle it to the favorites board or delete the pin (so I'm not tricked into making it again if it was a dud!). My favorite organizational use for Pinterest is my "This Week" board where I plan meals, snacks, lunches, breakfasts, etc that I plan to make the following week. It takes some time to put it together, but it gives me easy access to all the recipes for grocery lists and they are easy to find when I'm in the kitchen cooking.

Tonight I made this delicious salad I pinned from Iowa Girl Eats. This will be make it's way onto my favorites board:

Summer Fruit and Grain Salad 
with local fresh grown blueberries, tomatoes, basil, mint, and green leaf lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment