Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Christmas Season is Here!

Last year I read some very funny, cheeky blog articles bashing Elf on the Shelf mommies for over-achieving. I laughed and admitted the absurdity of it all. I wouldn't be caught dead making flour footprints all over the floor or drawing mustaches on family photos and blaming it on our elf (Sugar). I did create a lot of work for myself with a 12 days to Christmas Countdown (examples here), but I tried to tell myself that was different...

Fast-forward to Sugar's arrival this year. She made her grand appearance on Thanksgiving day when she turned up in our car while we were having dinner with my family. The next morning she was slyly observing us from the wreath hanging on our coat closet...
November 29th - Hiding in the wreath
I was looking for something fun to do with the girls when I picked them up from daycare/K-prep on Friday and remembered that last year I never took the extra step to buy our girl elf one of the sweet little skirts they sell for them. I suggested going to look for one when my extremely bright little bug suggested that we could MAKE her a skirt instead. We headed off to Hobby Lobby and purchased a piece of felt that I quickly and easily turned into an Elf skirt. The bug was so excited last night to leave the skirt out with a note she dictated to me and then signed. 

This morning Sugar was proudly wearing her new skirt and the bug was thrilled. I'm hoping I can stick to simply moving her around for a few weeks without any major hi-jinx or projects to undertake...
November 30th - Hanging out in her new skirt on top of the light in the dining room



No comments:

Post a Comment