Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, June 26, 2009

All Good Things Come to an End

And by all good things, I mean my maternity leave. As of July 1st I no longer get to pretend that my only job in the world is being a wife and mommy. It's time to iron my white coat, dust off my stethoscope, and make my way back to the hospital. This is a very bittersweet time for me (and, I am sure, all working moms). It's difficult for the obvious reasons - turning her care over to someone else, missing her like crazy, being afraid something will happen while I am gone, etc. Despite all of the worry and sadness, I have to admit there is a bit of excitement in the challenge of going back to work.

My whole life I've wanted to do it all, be it all, and have it all. I want to be there for my husband and kids, but also to have a career that means something to me. I want to be a mom, a wife, a sister, a daughter, a friend, and a doctor. I want to have nice things for my family and know that I helped earn them. So, as hard as it will be to leave my beautiful baby girl come Wednesday morning, this is my first chance to prove I can be everything I want to be. Bring on the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment