Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wedding Recipe #4: Cajun Chicken Pasta

I'm back with another recipe! I have been making at least one recipe each week per my original plan, but my busy schedule (a whole other topic) has kept me from posting more regularly. Anyway, here we go!
This recipe came from Sarah, one of the bridesmaids in my wedding. Sarah and I met on the very first day of college as we were "tripled" together with our third roomate, Annie (her recipe will be coming soon!) at BC. Although at first glance Sarah and I appear to be polar opposites (I'm the nerdy brunette and she's the beautiful blonde supporting me by wearing the "way too big for her" patchwork outfit I made), we soon found that we had a lot more in common than we ever would have imagined and became good friends. She's the type of person that I know I could call and have a great conversation with even if we haven't been in touch for a long time.
The recipe I have to share from Sarah actually reminds me of her- it's colorful, creative, and has quite a bit of spice;-)! My husband loved this recipe and said that it "tastes like something you'd get out at a good restaurant" which is a pretty big compliment from him.


If you prepare this recipe completely as written be prepared that it will be HOT. I left out the extra teaspoon of cayenne in hopes of keeping the dish more "kid-friendly", but it still was way too spicy to let my little one try it.
Overall, it was a great dish that I will be making again when I have some time to prep all the ingredients.

1 comment:

  1. I made this tonight. It was SPICY! Joe LOVED it. Thank you for posting. I'm looking forward to more wedding recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete