Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Cilantro Lime Southwest Salad

A few nights ago, it just felt like a grill night. On my lunch break I headed to Primal to splurge on some marinated steak tips. With such a rich main dish I decided I wanted to make something lighter and more refreshing as a side.

I had pinned this recipe at one point and decided with some tweaking it was just what I was looking for. 

Leftovers (with more avocado added!) doubled as my lunch today.

Cilantro Lime Southwest Salad


Ingredients
1 cup black beans
1 cup corn (fresh or frozen/thawed)
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/2 cucumber, diced
1/2 red onion diced
1 avocado diced

Juice of 2 limes
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
pinch of sea salt
pinch of cane sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup chopped cilantro

1. Mix the first set of ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Mix the lime juice, garlic, vinegar, salt, and sugar in a blender or mini food processor. Slowly add the oil, pulsing in between additions. (You can add more than the 1/2 cup of oil if you want a thicker emulsion, but I like my dressings more vinegary.) Finally, add the cilantro and blend until it is finely chopped. 
3. Add 1/2 of the dressing to the salad and mix until well incorporated. Add more dressing, if desired, or reserve the remainder for another use (marinade or dressing for another salad).

No comments:

Post a Comment