Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, September 1, 2014

September Post A Day

During my residency I tried to take on a "post a day" challenge and kind of...almost...not really at all succeeded. The issue isn't that I don't have things to say, recipes to share, or pictures to post. My problem is that I have a bit of an obsessive-compulsive personality and it takes me an ungodly amount of time to write each post. I write and revise so much that I sometimes lose track of what the inspiration behind the post even was and just delete it.

My goal in taking on this challenge is to post one picture each day (a recipe, a craft, a parenting moment, etc) and write a brief post - that I don't obsess over - to try and break my cycle of insanity.

Today was a very simple day. Time with my girls, errands, household chores. Nothing extraordinary. I took the picture above of my oldest daughter while we were playing together because it just felt like a moment I wanted to capture. There was something about the scene that made me want to cry. She is just a little girl in pigtails playing dress-up. But the intensity of her concentration represented her as a big kid ready for kindergarten. It felt like a big moment in parenting. A moment I both embrace with pride and turn away from with an acute sense of loss...


No comments:

Post a Comment