Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pumpkin Spiced Latte

I think it's a major accomplishment that I've made it eleven days into September without posting anything about fall. Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE fall. The cooler temperatures, the changing leaves, how the air smells...it's all amazing. One of the most amazing parts of fall is everything pumpkin.

Roasted pumpkin. Pumpkin cupcakes, Pumpkin seeds. Pumpkin carving. Pumpkin beer. Pumpkin scones. Pumpkin cookies. Pumpkin patch. Pumpkin spice. Pumpkin candles. Pumpkin EVERYTHING.

I've traditionally been a huge fan of Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL for short), but as I've been trying to adopt a healthier diet recently I wondered if I could create something similar at home without any artificial ingredients. I searched Pinterest and read through many different recipes before giving it a try myself.


This does not taste like Starbucks. It tastes earthier, spicier, and less sweet. The ginger really gives it a punch and the pure maple syrup sweetens without giving you a sugar rush. I think I am going to be making this for breakfast throughout the fall (and probably into the winter!)

Pumpkin Spiced Latte
2 cups milk (I used 2%)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
1 TBSP pure vanilla extract
3 TBSP pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg


  1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and whisk until smooth.
  2. Bring the mixture just to the point of boiling (when you start to see bubbles form at the edges) and remove from heat.
  3. Transfer the mixture to a blender and carefully turn on the blender*. 
  4. Mix for two minutes to create the frothy foam topping. This step is optional and you can skip it if you don't want foam or would rather top with whipped cream.
  5. Pour into individual glasses and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment