Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, September 4, 2014

One Smart Cookie

Today was my older daughter's first day of kindergarten. It was a huge day in parenting and I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about it all. Maybe tomorrow I'll be ready to talk about it.

What I am ready to talk about now is the adorable gift I made for my daughter to give her teacher. I originally saw the idea on Pinterest (where else?!) and knew I had to recreate it.


Simple enough, but (hopefully) it made the teacher's hectic first day a little brighter. 
Glass jar for less than $5 at Marshall's.
Homemade cookies.
Ribbon from my craft leftovers.
Cute saying copied from Pinterest.


I also used the tag as an opportunity to write a note to the teacher (on the back) offering classroom help. Being proactive allowed me to tell her exactly what day/time is best for me and to offer my knowledge as a pediatrician for lessons related to health.

No comments:

Post a Comment