Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday Breakfast

With my work schedule (and love of breakfast foods), my little bug is lucky enough to have a full cooked breakfast most days of the week, but we tend to do it up a little fancier on Saturday or Sunday. I found this recipe on a favorite food blog (Picky Palate) and knew the bug would go CRAZY for it - what three year old (or pregnant thirty year old) doesn't want to have an excuse to eat marshmallows and chocolate chips for breakfast?!

See the link above for her original recipe, here are my modifications (based on what I had available in the house...)

Gooey Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Pancakes
2 Tablespoons melted butter
½ Cup fat free half and half
½ Cup 1% milk
2 eggs
1 ¼ Cups unbleached all purpose flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 Cup 60% cacao chocolate chips
1 Cup mini marshmallows
Just about ready to be flipped...
Perfect golden crust on one side
On their way to the table!

I did serve with maple syrup on the side, but we all agreed they didn't need it! I also didn't sprinkle any extra chips or marshmallows on top. Accompaniments included fresh local eggs scrambled with a sprinkling of cheddar and fresh local slices of watermelon with chilled orange juice or organic milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment