Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday Five Favs: Fall Firsts

One of my favorite recurring features on other blogs I follow is a weekly theme of some sort. I've decided to try out a weekly "Five Favs" that can be any five things I am into or thinking about that week (crafts, recipes, books, movies, etc!). I figured I'd go all out with the alliteration for my first installment and give you five things I love about the early fall...

1. Pumpkin coffee
Although Starbuck's pumpkin spice latte is my ABSOLUTE favorite, I have to admit that in the earliest days of fall when it's still warm/hot during the afternoon I do hit up DD for iced pumpkin coffee. DD's pumpkin latte is gross, but I like the syrup in their regular coffee.

2. Apple picking
I've heard rumors that it's going to be a bad year for apple picking due to all the strange weather we have had, but I am hoping to find at least one local orchard that we can visit for our yearly fix of this super fun upstate NY tradition.

3. Cooler weather!!
I am not a summer person and really can't stand humidity ever, but especially this year (as I am carrying around an extra 15lbs) I am thrilled that we are finally starting to have cooler mornings and evenings. Nothing makes me happier than crisp air and a warm sweater. Here's to dreaming I'd actually FIT in one of these cozy J Crew sweaters...

4. Halloween costumes
In my house, planning for Halloween starts early. My little bug (pictured below in her straight-from-Disney World Cinderella dress from last Halloween), has said for months that she wanted to be Ladybug Girl from the book series. Then, she saw the new Lorax movie and is insistent that she is going to be the Lorax because he, "speaks to the trees." With baby #2 due on Halloween and my belly getting larger by the moment, this crafty mamma needs to get working on the logistics of a Lorax costume ASAP...

5. School supplies
I understand that I am no longer a student and my bug is not yet old enough to require school supplies, but I love seeing them out in the stores anyway. I have a very dorky excitement and giddiness that is peaked each time I walk by boxes of crayons for 50 cents and see stacks of embroidered backpacks with matching lunch bags.


No comments:

Post a Comment