Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

16 months

I've gathered that this is a common feature on a lot of mommy blogs, but I'll give credit to my friend Kelly of Life with Monster who I got the idea from - Thanks Kelly!

My Baby Bug at 16 months
  • Bug weighs just about 22lbs which puts her around the 25 percentile where she seems to have settled out over the past 6 months.
  • When Bug wakes up in the morning she can usually be heard "chatting" with her Build-A-Bear cat, Abby.
  • Her favorite foods these days are watermelon, cheddar cheese, peas, carrots, corn on the cob, sliced ham, pasta with red sauce, chocolate, Trader Joe's cat cookies, and ice pops (check out Popsicle Mighty Minis, they are the perfect size for toddlers).
  • Bug loves our cat moe. SO MUCH that I feel really bad for the poor thing. Whenever she can, Bug corners moe. and literally collapses onto her to give her a "hug." Miraculously, moe. doesn't scratch her and just rides it out.
  • She is walking/running really well these days. One of her favorite things to do is to run around the house yelling like a maniac.
  • Bug LOVES music and will dance to everything from the loud Phish music Daddy likes to blare all weekend to the silly lottery commercial with the teeny bunny rabbits.
  • She recognizes The Children's Place and starts wailing the second I walk in. I guess that's her way of telling me I spend too much time there.
  • I think it's finally over, but we've had a not so nice run of biting. Bug would snuggle up like she was cuddling, and then CHOMP into my shoulder/arm/chest leaving welts - ouch!
  • Bug is not a tidy girl when it comes to eating. She throws her sippy cup splashing milk all over the floor and walls, hides food down the front of her shirt, and rubs spaghetti sauce/ketchup/yogurt through her hair.
  • When Bug is getting sleepy at night she likes to pull and twist her eyelashes. It seems to soothe her and helps her fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment