Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday Dinner

Well, not really. We had this for dinner on Friday, but it very well could make a simple and delicious Sunday dinner.

The story behind this meal is that I've been trying really hard to purchase only antibiotic free, vegetarian or grass fed meat. Now that Fresh Market has opened, this should hopefully be a little easier, but one of the only meats available at Hannaford when I went shopping last week was an all natural country style pork rib. After a quick google search for "country style pork rib recipes" I found this recipe. I can never stick with a recipe, so this is how I adapted it:
  • I washed the ribs (just 1lb) and placed them in a pan coated with foil
  • Instead of cooking spray, I drizzled them with olive oil and sprinkled them with pepper
  • For the rub, I mixed together 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and 1tsp of cajun seasoning
  • Then, I rubbed the mixture into all sides of the ribs
  • Finally, I folded up the corners of the foil to create a pouch and baked for 60 minutes at 325 (I think it could have been cut back to 45 minutes if you have less time to let it brew)
  • For the BBQ sauce, I made it exactly as posted on the original recipe, except I omitted the onion powder because I didn't have any.
  • I opened up the foil packet after the 60 minutes and brushed about 1/4 cup of the BBQ sauce over the ribs and baked for 15 more minutes with the pouch open.
  • I saved the rest for of the BBQ sauce for dipping with the meal.

And that was the end result!
I served the pork with frozen baby peas from Trader Joe's,
leftover sweet potato hash,
and some rice.

1 comment:

  1. That looks really good - and no messy bones in the meat. Love the sweet potato hash!

    ReplyDelete