Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Gettin' Crafty

That's right, the sewing machine queen that managed to fund many aspects of her wedding by slaving over piles of fabric and producing dozens of totes is ready to jump back into the saddle with a new and exciting project after a pregnancy/residency/new mommyhood forced hiatus.

This year I am planning to make my daughter's Halloween costume. Yes, I know that Halloween is over two months away, BUT my work schedule will explode from a 40 to an 80 hour work week as of September 2nd and I want to get a head start. I took advantage of a morning away from clinic to start browsing and get the creative juices flowing.

After a quick visit to my fav fabric mega-store, Joann's, I emerged with a plan to create the perfect costume for my blue-eyed, blonde-haired bug beauty - Tinkerbell! Simplicity sells an official Disney Fairies pattern, but I decided to get more creative (and practical). I purchased a really cute pattern based on the popular "pillowcase dress" silhouette and am planning to make the dress out of green fleece fabric (for warmth!) with some sparkle embellishments. I'll post my progress when I get started.

Here's looking back to last Halloween at the cutest bug you'll ever meet...

No comments:

Post a Comment