Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 7 - The end of an "era"

For my little bug's birthday this Sunday we are upgrading her nursery to a "big girl" room. I'm very excited because I love the new set we picked out, but it's also a little bittersweet. We spent the first few months of my pregnancy dreaming up the perfect calm, soothing place for our baby to sleep, play, and grow. When we were actually ready to create her little safe haven both of bug's grandpas (Pa and Papa) helped us bring our vision to life by painting and installing chair rail. Now, two years later, all the Classic Pooh decorations are about to come down, the changing table is going into storage, and the crib is transitioning to a toddler bed. I imagine this is what many of the milestones of parenthood feel like - I'm so very proud of who my bug is and am looking ahead to everything she is still to become, but a little part of my heart mourns the end of her baby days.

Here's one last look at the bug's nursery as we prepare to say good-bye to the cuddly baby and hello to the beautiful TWO year old shes become...

ps - I wrote this post last night and forgot to hit the publish button, oops! Watch for today's real post later today:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment