Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Post 12 - Quirks

Have you ever been doing something and realized that what you are doing is actually probably quite odd to anyone watching you? I had one of these moments when I was last at the supermarket doing my weekly shopping. To explain what I was doing I have to take you way, way back to my childhood...

Rarely did my father ever do the grocery shopping, but I do remember him having a fit when he did about the way in which the baggers handled our groceries. In his early days, my dad worked at the "Old Star Market" (as he always referred to it). From this experience, he learned that bags should be packed properly - cold items with cold items, meat separate, and all bags should be "squared" so that they would sit evenly in the customer's cart.

This is how I always do my shopping. From the moment I start stacking my items on the belt at the register, I separate them carefully according to frozen items, cold items, boxed items, canned items, meat, and produce. I HATE when the cashier or bagger starts haphazardly throwing my groceries into bags after I so carefully lay them out in perfect order.

Does anyone else out there have this quirk as well? Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment