Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Post 23 - Paper

I know this is going to sound ridiculous (although looking silly to my readers has never been a real concern of mine...), but I LOVE paper. I find inspiration in great colors or patterns or textures. In fact, the inspiration for bug's kid party in June came from a package of paper. After everyone voted and helped me pick "Cute as a Bug" as the party theme, I was still at a loss for how to make it happen. Countless times I was drawn to my local craft stores where I prowled the aisles desperate for something to jump out at me as a central organizing point for the party. I wasn't finding anything and was becoming more and more frustrated as the days went on.

Then, one night I took a desperate trip to Michael's as a break after a long day at work. As if it was meant to be, I saw exactly what I was looking for! On the bottom shelf, with a big red clearance sticker on the top, was a package of scrap-booking paper. There were multiple designs (narrow stripes, wide stripes, polka dots, flowers, etc!) on a white background with a fabulous color scheme - light blue, a medium lime green, medium pink, and a dark pink! Four wonderful, springy colors to match the four bug mascots of the party (ladybug, butterfly, dragonfly, and caterpillar)! It was too perfect! I purchased two packages, brought them home, carefully cut a small 2" by 2" square of paper to keep in my wallet for all future shopping experiences, and therein began my quest to purchase party decor and accents matching these colors (I've built up quite the stash, but that's another post for another time...).

Today has me reminiscing about the day I found the paper because I went back to that very same craft store to purchase coordinating cardstock and envelopes to take on one of my very favorite paper crafting events - making the party invitations!

Check back soon as I plan to post pictures as I begin the creative process!

No comments:

Post a Comment