Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Makin' Memories

Pinning creative ways to capture memories seems to be one of the mom things to do these days. I have a board with over 30 (I just checked my pin count and it is precisely 38) such ideas. I just went through one of the "ask your kid 20 questions about themselves each birthday" pins in prep for my bug's 4th birthday and it was a RIOT. The craft I am posting today is the first handprint craft we did as a family of four (cue sappy awwww! sound effects) back in December. I'm just getting to posting it now because it took me this long to finish the project...I'm good, but I'm not THAT good. Anyway, I present to you...

Family Footprints - Winter Version

Upside-down footprints make cute and cuddly penguins!
My inspiration came from this blogger's post. Instead of doing both feet, we each did one footprint and lined them up side by side. This was a fun, silly craft to do together as we took turns painting each other's feet with one of those foam brushes and then had to limp/be carried to the bathroom to clean up. 

After the initial footprints were done, I set the paper (poster board) aside to dry and didn't actually get to painting on the faces for awhile. After 4-6 weeks of procrastination, I got out the paints and let the bug pick out which colors she wanted me to use for each penguin's hat and scarf. Another month (or more) passed before I picked up a simple, inexpensive frame from the craft store to keep our memory safe. 

I hope to make something similar for each season so we can display them in the girls' playroom someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment