Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, March 1, 2013

Avocado Egg Salad for One


I really am not the type of person to toot my own horn, but I've been having a lot of success with Weight Watchers and want to celebrate it! My daughter will be 4 months old on Tuesday and since the day I gave birth I've lost 38lbs - 26 of that was "baby weight" and the other 12 are baggage I've been holding on to for way too long.

I can not understate how much easier losing the weight was because of breast-feeding. For the math savvy moms out there, each ounce of breast-milk is 20 calories and the average 3 month old drinks between 20-30 ounces per day which means 400-600 calories literally pour out of you on a daily basis!

Of course, the other part of losing the weight was following a reasonable diet. After hearing much praise for WW from some family members, I decided to join about 3 weeks after the baby was born. In the beginning I was too exhausted to spend time playing with recipe builder and figuring out points for meals myself, so I relied heavily on recipes from skinnytaste and laaloosh to get me through. Now that we are in more of a routine, I've been starting to play around a bit more and am adapting my own favorite recipes into WW friendly meals. Here is my super yummy version of egg salad that makes just enough for one hearty sized portion...

Avocado Egg Salad (3 points plus)

1 hard boiled egg, diced
1 oz avocado, mashed
1 tsp light mayonnaise
1 oz plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 tsp dijon mustard (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
*This is delicious and creamy without the mustard, but has a nice little kick with it added. *

Mix everything together in a bowl until smooth. Simple as that!



When I was a little girl my mom always made me egg salad sandwiches on a lightly toasted English muffin and I loved it. By serving it this way my lunch came to a total of 6 points (3 for the salad, 3 for the English muffin). Fresh sides included red and yellow bell pepper strips and granny smith apple slices.


No comments:

Post a Comment