Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Fruit and Oatmeal Cookies

 
 
I've mentioned before that I am always looking for recipes to use up leftover bananas so when Gina over at Skinnytaste posted her recipe for 3 ingredient Healthy Cookies I knew I would be trying them out soon. I was all set to make them per her recipe, but then I realized I had an over-ripe mango in the fruit bowl as well. Hmmm...could pureed mango work the same way as the bananas? I figured the worst that could happen would be that I would have to throw it away. I also decided to add some cranberries and chocolate chips for good measure.
 
Fruit and Oatmeal Cookies (1 point plus per cookie)
2 mashed medium sized bananas
1/2 cup pureed mango
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup dried cranberries
2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
 
Put all the ingredients in a bowl
Mix everything together
Measure level tablespoons of "dough" and place on a cookie sheet.
 
Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. I know this is a random number, but I got 19 cookies from my batch. If you get 19-20 cookies the points are 1 per cookie. If you get 16-18 cookies out of your batch the points increase to 2 per cookie.
 
 

These cookies will keep in an air-tight container for a few days, but are best when eaten within 24 hours. These are healthy and hearty enough to eat with a cup of yogurt and some orange slices for a yummy, filling breakfast
 

No comments:

Post a Comment