Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, May 17, 2010

Blog Project #1: Wedding Recipes

As tradition holds, prior to getting married my wonderful bridesmaids, mom, and mother-in- law threw a bridal shower for me. One of the special requests they made of the attendees was that they bring a favorite recipe with them to share with me. In many instances, this is done for a bride who doesn't know how to cook, but for me it was more about trying to gather some family favorites. After an initial burst of excitement when I made a handful of the recipes, the small, unassuming photo album my mom used to contain the recipe cards got pushed behind my favorite cookbooks, How to Cook Everything and Baking From My Home to Yours.

When cleaning this weekend I rediscovered it and decided to make it a project (ala Julie and Julia) to make all 39 recipes. My plan is make at least 2 recipes a week and post them on here. The book contains everything from classic comfort food (peanut butter fudge and mac and cheese), some fancier fare (crab and cheddar soup and oreo truffles), and even some lighter entrees (whole wheat pasta with broccolini and feta and vegetarian jambalaya).

The recipes will begin later tonight or tomorrow with: Penne with Roasted Marsala Mushrooms

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I can't wait to read all about your experience.

    ReplyDelete