Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Wedding Recipe #3: Eclair Cake

Unfortunately, I haven't tracked down the photo my husband took of this dessert. Its appearance isn't its main appeal anyway - the taste is what makes this recipe a keeper. This isn't something fancy and intricate or healthy and natural, but everyone at the picnic I made it for enjoyed it.

Here is the recipe:

The only notes I have to make on this recipe are:
1. the regular Cool Whip container is 8oz (not 9oz) and that's what I used
2. I used a can of chocolate fudge frosting that I melted in the microwave and poured over the top of the final layer of graham crackers
3. definitely make it and let it rest in the fridge for at least 12 hours before serving. This allows the graham crackers to get a little softer so that they taste more like cake than cracker.

No comments:

Post a Comment