Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Wedding Recipe #1: Penne with Roasted Marsala Mushrooms


Although this recipe did not have a name on it, I am quite confident it came from a good friend of mine from high school and medical school. We have both been married for less than five years, have one year old babies at home, and are halfway through residency programs. It is nice to have someone like her in my life to understand exactly what the struggles are that I'm going through balancing a busy career and a family. In addition to being a very good friend, she's apparently a great cook as I LOVE this recipe.

I made a few teeny changes to the recipe:
First, I added an extra splash of the Marsala wine to make more sauce.
Second, I added a little bit less butter because it was all I had left!
Finally, I forgot to buy fresh parsley so I just added a sprinkling of dried parsley.

Even my picky one-year-old gobbled it up! We all loved it so much I'm planning to make it again this weekend for a family gathering.

Here is the recipe:

No comments:

Post a Comment